Update 13th January 2021:
Lockdown 3 Physical Inspections to Continue
White Horse Surveyors have been closely monitoring the situation regarding Covid-19 tier restrictions. Considering the latest UK Government announcement to reimpose a national lockdown, we can confirm that we will remain open for business throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As of Tuesday 5th January, we have concluded that the new Lockdown restrictions in England do not prohibit our surveyors from carrying out physical property inspections.
Where it is safe to do so and within our extensive risk assessment with appropriate safety precautions in place, we will continue to carry out physical property inspections in all tiers.
Scotland & Wales
We will also continue to carry about physical property inspections in Scotland and Wales, with the necessary safety measures in place, until otherwise advised.
Estate Agency Closures & Property Access in Wales
We understand Wales require all estate agents to close until further notice for viewings. However, we have been informed that most estate agents are still open for property surveys and surveyors to access keys.
Your Appointment in Lockdown 3 – Cancellations
If you have an appointment that you wish to cancel or reschedule with one of our surveyors please contact our office as soon as possible. In some cases this may enable us to use this time for someone else
We will continue to monitor the guidance in the coming days, and update our website and social media, as necessary. Whilst the housing market continues to operate, our team will be here to help – in line with government guidelines.
What to expect during your survey or valuation
- When the Surveyor arrives, they will double check that nothing has changed since the appointment was booked.
- Unfortunately, if anyone in the household is self-isolating, showing symptoms of Covid-19 or has been diagnosed with Covid-19 our Surveyor will not be able to conduct the survey and it will need to be rebooked for a later date.
- Ensure that the following are open:
- All internal doors, including the garage and any other outbuilding
- The loft hatch should be open
- All lights should be on to minimise the need for contact with hard surfaces.
- If you are unable to leave the house, please wait in the Living Room for the duration of the inspection. If this is not possible you should follow the Surveyors instructions until they ask you to move to allow them to inspect that room.
- Surveyors will aim to conduct the inspection in the following order:
- Outside front,
- Outside rear,
- Inside loft,
- Downstairs hall, kitchen, ground floor WC (if present)
- And lastly, the living room
- Maintain social distancing measures of at least 2m and refrain from any physical contact. Our Surveyors will not shake hands and will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Please follow published guidelines for your part of the Country.
- Follow good hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
Please note that it is your responsibility to inform us or our Surveyor if it is not safe for them to enter your home. By allowing entry you confirm that you will abide by these guidelines and there is no one affected, or potentially infected by Covid-19 in the property. Thank you for your cooperation.