What to expect during your survey or valuation
- When the Surveyor arrives, they will double check that nothing has changed since the appointment was booked.
- Unfortunately, if anyone in the household is self-isolating, showing symptoms of Covid-19 or has been diagnosed with Covid-19 our Surveyor will not be able to conduct the survey and it will need to be rebooked for a later date.
- Ensure that the following are open:
- All internal doors, including the garage and any other outbuilding
- The loft hatch should be open
- All lights should be on to minimise the need for contact with hard surfaces.
- If you are unable to leave the house, please wait in the Living Room for the duration of the inspection. If this is not possible you should follow the Surveyors instructions until they ask you to move to allow them to inspect that room.
- Surveyors will aim to conduct the inspection in the following order:
- Outside front,
- Outside rear,
- Inside loft,
- Downstairs hall, kitchen, ground floor WC (if present)
- And lastly, the living room
- Maintain social distancing measures of at least 2m and refrain from any physical contact. Our Surveyors will not shake hands and will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Please follow published guidelines for your part of the Country.
- Follow good hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
Please note that it is your responsibility to inform us or our Surveyor if it is not safe for them to enter your home. By allowing entry you confirm that you will abide by these guidelines and there is no one affected, or potentially infected by Covid-19 in the property. Thank you for your cooperation.