White Horse Surveyors have been closely monitoring the situation regarding Covid-19, as well as following advice from the government and World Health Organisations to ensure the safety of our clients and surveyors.
Considering recent events, and in accordance with many of our peers, we have been putting measures in place to resume physical inspections. We are now taking a phased approach to commence our operations again to ensure we operate safely for our customers and colleagues. At first, these appraisals will be carried out on a case-by-case basis and only apply to certain areas of the country. However, we are planning to slowly phase in any remaining locations that are not serviced during this initial period.
To ensure the safety of both our staff and customers, we have introduced a strict Risk Assessment that will act as our code of conduct during these inspections. For your peace of mind, we have included some of the key considerations below:
- Any Surveyors showing symptoms of Covid-19 will NOT attend a survey for a period of at least 14 days after symptoms end.
- All Surveyors will maintain good standards of hygiene and avoid residents where possible.
- Our Office team will gather additional information on the status of residents in relation to Covid-19 and brief them fully on any necessary safety arrangements/ requirements at the Booking stage.
- If anyone is showing symptoms of Covid-19 on arrival, the surveyor will NOT enter the property and reschedule the survey for a later date.
- Surveyors will wash their hands (or use appropriate hand sanitizer) on arrival, during and on departure before entering/exiting their vehicles.
- Surveyors will wear disposable gloves and face coverings for the duration of the inspection.
- Surveyors will NOT make any physical contact (including hand shaking) as well as maintaining 2m from the residents or any pets for the duration of the inspection.
- Surveyors will only touch surfaces when necessary.
- Surveyors will clearly communicate where they will be in a property and when it will be safe for the residents to move rooms.
For the full details of all the measures we will be taking, feel free to ask our staff about our comprehensive Risk Assessment document. They will be happy to clarify any queries you may have.
Although we were not able to carry out any physical inspections during Lockdown, we were still providing quotes for customers interested in our services. Now that we are preparing to resume these surveys, we will be contacting any customers who expressed interest during this period. For any prospective customers who did not request a quote during this period, we would strongly advise that you contact us to book in your appointment. Please note that the normal terms and conditions will apply during this period.
As a company, we are still doing our utmost to support all existing customers and clients by following emerging information and Government guidance. However, during this period we will still be operating with a reduced workforce.
Over the coming days, we will be posting any new developments or changes to our services. Please refer to this webpage (or our social channels) for any updates.
If you are moving home in the coming months and require an independent survey for your property, give our helpful and friendly sales team a call on 01249 444465 or drop them an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be more than happy to have an in-principal discussion on your individual circumstances and provide their expert advice and guidance.
What to Read Next
If you have found this update helpful and wish to learn more about the ways in which we are dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, check out our list of related links below.