Last Friday, much of the team here at White Horse Surveyors gathered in Swindon for our annual company conference. As one of the rare occasions that many of our nationally based team of surveyors are assembled in a single location, the event also represented the perfect opportunity to speak on the latest industry developments and trends, as well as sharing best practice.
The event not only featured informative presentations from our very own property experts, but it also played host to several guest speakers from related industries. This included our strategic partners at Mintivo and Legal and General, in addition to companies such as UKDP Solutions and JHAI Ltd.
For a full list of the topics covered throughout the company conference, check out the full schedule below:
- Practical Cyber Security – How to stay safe from hackers (Mintivo)
- Off Mains Drainage and changes to Regulations post 01/01/2020 (UKDP Solutions)
- Loft conversion and Building Regulations (JHAI Ltd.)
- SmartrSurvey (Legal and General)
- Common Defects in New Builds properties less than 10 years old (White Horse Surveyors)
- Asbestos Awareness (White Horse Surveyors)
- MEES, EPCs and current sustainability and energy efficiency issues facing the residential property market (Oxford Brookes)
- RICS Home Survey Standard (White Horse Surveyors)
The company conference also presented the perfect opportunity for our surveyors (both old and new) to discuss any recent experiences with their peers, as well as raising any potential concerns or questions to the wide panel of speakers present throughout the day. Regardless of whether they were questions on the physical implications of the newly introduced building regulations or the benefits of location tracking for our surveyors, our team were able to share their insights and knowledge to generally gain a better understanding of our internal processes and the market as a whole.
Overall, the event was a great success and proved to be highly beneficial for all those involved.
For more information on our regular company conferences and/or events, simply click here.
If you are buying or selling a home and require one of our property surveys, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our helpful and friendly sales team. Simply give them a call on 01249 444465 or drop us an email via and one of our experts will be happy to discuss your enquiry.