A Remote Valuation refers to an inspection that is conducted using information accessible via online platforms and does not require the examiner to physically attend the property at any stage. This is achieved using the following resources:
- Three comparable properties, that are situated within the local area.
- The title plans, containing many of the relevant details of ownership.
- Information from various commercial and government funded websites.
By combining these features with our wealth of professional experience, you can obtain an indication of the market value without having to incur the costs of a full inspection.
When compared with our standard valuation services, these remote appraisals are a much quicker way of obtaining a professional estimate on the home’s value. From the point of instruction, you can expect to have received our appraisal by the end of the next working day. This makes it the fastest way to obtain an independent valuation. There are also significant advantages when it comes to the logistical implications. For instance, with no physical entry being required to the property, you will not have the added fuss of arranging a suitable date for the surveyor to attend or liaising with the estate agent to organize access. What’s more, if you are a landlord and thinking about putting your property on the market but don’t yet wish to notify the tenants, the remote assessment can offer a far more discrete method of valuation.
We would generally recommend our Remote Valuations for any home that has been kept in reasonable repair and is situated in a heavily populated area, with a wealth of comparable properties available. By choosing a neighborhood with a large number of similar houses, the assessment will not only be quicker but also more accurate to the local property market. In addition, if you find yourself in any of the following situations, a remote appraisal is likely to be an attractive option:
- You are a prospective purchaser, who wants to get an idea of the value.
- You are considering buying a property through auction and want an idea of what it might be worth.
- You are about to sell and require a valuation that is independent of an Estate Agent.
- You are unable to gain access because the property is tenanted.
- You are purchasing a new build and need an assessment that is based upon the plans, rather than what is physically on site.
- You are the executor to a will that includes property and need a valuation to determine if you are over the threshold for inheritance tax.
It should also be noted that, in order to make an accurate assessment, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- A Rightmove link or picture of the property (front elevation will suffice).
- The purpose of the valuation.
- The current status of the property (i.e. whether it is occupied? freehold? leasehold? etc).
- A brief description of the property (i.e. bedrooms, parking, outbuildings etc).
- Any other special requirements that the surveyor should be aware of.
If you require our Remote Valuations for any of the reasons listed above, please do not hesitate to give our helpful and friendly sales team a call. They will be more than happy to discuss your specific circumstances and provide the relevant guidance.
You can reach us by telephone on 01249 569010 or via email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can find all of our social media profiles below: